Contessica Ryans

Thursday, September 07, 2006

A little good news and surprise! Some bad

I didn't post yesterday because I was a little in shock (to say the least) my brain still seems to be in a bit of a fog but here goes. I saw my surgeon yesterday morning, he took x-rays of the hip replacement and was thrilled that it was doing so good and was all smiles. I asked him if it was time for a Q and A session and he just nodded so I jumped in. First I asked why my good hip would lock if I did pretty much anything (from going to the grocery store to sitting at the dinner table for or hour or so) his answer came out of no where. He just glanced up from what he was writing and looked at the x-ray that had both hips and said it is the arthris (sp?). My mouth literally did drop open I thought that after I healed from the hip replacement I was free and clear for at least a decade. I guess to try and make me feel better he said that it wasn't advanced enough for him to worry about yet and we would talk about it more when I see him next in February. Which means we will probably be talking about opinions then about what is going to happen to it. The frightening thing is that my knee on my left side (the side with the hip replacement) also locks up or stiffens making it difficult to move never mind do my threapy excerises correctly. He never x-rayed the knee because well I didn't say anything until I was leaving so I guess it is something else we have to discuss next time. An example of how much my good hip locks up is that when I tried to get off the table after the x-rays I had a hard time to say the least because it locked again. I guess the two hour drive to the hospital did it, but I never expected to hear this. I never even knew anything was wrong with it my former surgeon never even mentioned it to me.

So when I got home I had a good cry before I took a nap. At least the right hip (the one acting up now) wasn't fused so maybe I might have more options. I didn't sleep so good last night ( I suppose no one could blame me) I had this nightmare that I couldn't leave the airport when I took a trip to England because I kept setting the metal detectors off like mad. The thought of having two fake hips at the age of 30 (four more years to then) and possibly a fake knee is more than just a little bit frightening.

Well there was some good news in the beginning, too bad the rest had to be added.

Posted by Contessica :: 10:24 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------